The Pride of Bixby
2023-24 Bixby Bands Information & Registration for High School Band
Please watch band communications via the Bixby Band Parent Organization on the SportsYou app and the private Bixby Band Parent Organization Facebook page. Please contact [email protected] with questions or to request join codes.
THE FOLLOWING MUST BE COMPLETED FOR ALL MARCHING BAND STUDENTS (9th-12th grade):
Step 1: Read the Bixby Bands Handbook of Policies – You will find the handbook at https://bixbybands.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/Bixby-Bands-H.S.-Handbook-Updated-Fees-2023-24.pdf.
Step 2: Cuttime Account
Please contact Katie Huse at [email protected] to set up a parent/guardian account. This will allow you to keep track of financial obligations and fundraising credits associated with your child’s account.
Step 3: Pay Band Fees
Band fees and payment schedule can be found in the Handbook of Policies and at https://bixbybands.com/pay-band-fees/.
Band fees will be reflected as an obligation in your student’s CutTime account. Fees must be paid in full by September 1st. If you need to make other payment arrangements, please email [email protected].
Step 4: OSSAA Physical Requirement
All marching band students (including color guard) are required to have a physical completed before the first day of full band camp. Please note, physicals must be performed after May 1st to be accepted for the upcoming school year.
- Have your student attend the ALL-STUDENT PHYSICAL NIGHT through Bixby Sports Medicine in May. More information will be posted when available.
- Have your student’s physical done by a healthcare provider of your choice.
- There are TWO forms that must be completed. Please print and bring the forms with you to the physical. The OSSAA EXAMINATION AND PARENTAL CONSENT FORM and the PRE-PARTICIPATION FORM can be found at https://bixbybands.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/MF_2020-21_PhysicalForm.pdf
- Have your student bring their OSSAA forms on their first day of band camp.
- Ms. Huse and Tara Judd will be collecting forms. We will likely set up either just outside or just inside of the main entrance to the band building.
- Students must bring BOTH forms. https://bixbybands.com/…/02/MF_2020-21_PhysicalForm.pdf
- Please make sure the forms are complete. Physicals must be dated after May 1st and all areas completed, including signature lines on both forms.
- Students who do not turn in the forms will not be allowed to participate in marching rehearsals. Attendance is still mandatory
Step 5: Purchase Drug Testing
All band students must purchase a drug test. Students will be randomly selected for testing during the year. Your child does not actually take the drug test at this time, but MUST purchase the test. Purchase the test at https://bixbyathletics.org/drug-testing/. Drug Tests must be purchased for each school year. Purchase after June 1st for the purchase to be credited to the following school year. Not sure if you have already purchased a Drug Test? Visit your account at www.myschoolbucks.com and view your order history.
Step 6: Complete Band Registration Forms
Registration forms – click here to complete the 2023-24 Band Registration Google form.
REGISTRATION FORMS MUST BE COMPLETED FOR EVERY BAND STUDENT. If you have more than one child in band, please complete the form as many times as needed. To complete registration you will need:
- your insurance card information
- a list of your student’s medications
- your student present to read through and agree to the Uniform Contract
METHODS OF COMMUNICATION
- The website is the hub of all things band.
- Visit the calendar often to keep up with events dates and times.
- View charges, payments, and credits.
- See Step 2 above for creating an account.
- All marching band parents and students should sign up for the sportsYou App.
- Please contact a director or BBPO at [email protected] for a link to join.
Parent Facebook Group (Private)
- This page is for HIGH SCHOOL MARCHING BAND parents and students.
- Join the Bixby Band Parent Organization Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/groups/bixbybpo/.
- Please answer ALL of the membership questions. If they are not all answered completely, your request to join will not be approved.
Bixby Bands Facebook Page (Public)
- Like and follow us at https://www.facebook.com/bixbybands/.
Bixby Bands Instagram
- Follow us at https://www.instagram.com/bixbybands/.
Bixby Bands YouTube Channel
- Visit https://bixbybands.com/bixby-band-camp/ to learn more.