Bixby High School 2021- 2022 Band Registration
All students in 8th – 12th grade Color Guard and 9th – 12th grade Instrumental programs must register here.
2021-22 Bixby Band Registration for High School Band
Step 1. Registration
All High School Band Students and 8th – 12th grade Guard must register at the link above. Parents and students need to complete the registration. When finished with the Online form submission please download:
- Bixby Bands Signature Form
- OSSAA Parental Consent Form
- OSSAA Preparticipation Physical Evaluation Form
- Please complete parental/student signed forms / physician signed forms and email to email@example.com . Please note Physicals must be preformed after May 1st and submitted by July 1st. You can also Download Forms here: Bixby Bands Resource Links (Handbook, Forms, B.E.S.T, Drug Testing, Etc.) ⋆ Bixby Bands
- Due Date: July 1st, 2021. Please have Online Band Registration submitted and Forms emailed by due date. Parents need to use the best contact email and students must use their bixbyk12 email address.
Step 2. Cut Time:
- Update or Set up a Cut Time Account. This is important to update each year – all mass emails from the band will go to the emails that you list. This is where you will find your student’s band fees/account information.
- Returning and new high school band students, please visit this link for Cut Time Set up instructions or info: CUTTIME ⋆ Bixby Bands
- For questions regarding Cut Time setup, contact Christy Taylor our BBPO Student Account Treasurer at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Step 3. Band Fees. All Band Fees need to be paid on time and according to the fee schedule info located here: – CUTTIME ⋆ Bixby Bands
Step 4. Parents and students sign up for important Remind communications now.
- Bixby Band Remind –Text @bhsmarc to the number 81010. This is primary Remind for text between Directors and Students Only – Parents may join for info, but the information is for Director to the Students.
- Pride Parents Remind Text @bbpo17 to the number 81010 – Primary Remind for Bixby Band Parent Organization
- Guard Parent Remind- https://www.remind.com/join/d9g9a8b Contact Holly Turvey for more info.
- Percussion Remind: Percussion students please check with Mr. A or Percussion leadership.
Other important Reminds for Concessions, Gate Work, Uniform Washers and Props.
- Remind for Gate Work via Holly Turvey text @bixbybandg to 81010
- Remind for Concessions via JT Davis text @bixbybandc to 81010.
- Uniform Washers contact Dawn Glimp Jackson at 918-605-5750.
- Prop Crew – Contact Russell Prentice at 918-520-8097
- Parents understand that student leadership will also have some separate reminds variable on section. They will learn more about this over the summer.
Step 5. Band Calendar. Please reference the Band calendar often. Save or import it. The Band Calendar can be located on the band website or at this link- Calendar ⋆ Bixby Bands
Step 6. Drug Testing. All students need to sign up for BPS Drug testing at this link when its available here: Bixby Bands Resource Links (Handbook, Forms, B.E.S.T, Drug Testing, Etc.) ⋆ Bixby Bands
Step 7. Physicals Required -All students need to have physicals prior to participation in Bixby Band Activities Due by July 1st. Download the OSSAA Parental Consent Form and the OSSAA Preparticipation Physical Exam Form Here: Bixby Bands Resource Links (Handbook, Forms, B.E.S.T, Drug Testing, Etc.) ⋆ Bixby Bands
Step 8. Volunteering. All Band Parents who wish to volunteer and the entire BBPO board need to complete B.E.S.T Training & Food Handlers Permits: Info located here: Bixby Bands Resource Links (Handbook, Forms, B.E.S.T, Drug Testing, Etc.) ⋆ Bixby Bands
Step 9. Join, Add as Favorite or Subscribe for Bixby Bands Website and Social Media.
- Bixby Band Parent Organization Facebook Group (PRIVITE GROUP): For Parents and Students of 8th-12th Bixby Band Families. This is a group for students and parents to share photos of band events with other parents and ask questions not available in the primary communications or as emergency communication if needed. Please send a join request and answer questions. Reminder this is not Primary Communication for the band. Any issues or concerns need to be addressed with Directors via email or directly.
- Bixby Bands Public Facebook Page or search for @BixbyBands is the public organization page which shares public current event info and photos.
- Bixby Bands Public You Tube Channel is the public organization You Tube Channel for Bixby Band Public Videos.
Step 10. Band Camp info located here: Bixby Band Camp ⋆ Bixby Bands
NOTE: In the ever-changing landscape of the current pandemic, policy and procedures are subject to change based on future decisions made by Bixby Public Schools and the Bixby Band department for the health and safety of the students