8th Grade Band
The 8th Grade Band is the premiere ensemble of Bixby Middle School. Many of the musicians in this group earn spots in the EDBDA All District Band in the fall, while earning consistent superior ratings at Solo and Ensemble. This ensemble performs at the Bixby Middle School Veteren’s Assembly, Silver Dollar City, and the Bixby Middle School band concerts.
- All-District and All-State First Round Auditions: Sat, November 3, 7am – 5pm
- MS: Middle School Band Concert Whitey Ford Gym: Mon, December 10, 2018, 7pm – 8pm
- Solo and Ensembles at Jenks High School: Sat, February 16, 2019, Time TBA
- MS/HS: All District Workshop (GCBDA): Jan 25 – 26, 2019
- MS: Mid-Winter 7/8 Concert: Thu, February 28, 2019, 7pm – 9pm
- MS: Middle School Band Concert: Tue, May 7, 2019, 7pm – 8pm
- MS: Branson Silver Dollar City Trip: Sat, May 11, 2019, 7:30am – 8:30am
Please visit the Bixby Band Calendar, email your instructor, check with your student and check REMIND texts.
- Concert Black. Refer to the MS Band Handbook for further details.
- MIDDLE SCHOOL BAND HANDBOOK (click)
- MIDDLE SCHOOL BAND HANDBOOK 2019-2020 (available soon)
- MEDICAL RELEASE FORM (click)
Woodwinds and Brass Equipment Needed:
- Book ( Foundations for Superior Performance)
- Black 3 Ring Binder with a Clear Sheet Cover and 10 Page Protectors
Percussion Equipment Needed: